World of Thunder
Official Rule Book
Table Of Contents
PAGE 3: GENERAL CONDUCT GUIDELINES
PAGE 3: ON TRACK CONDUCT
PAGE 4: RESTARTS AND POSITIONING
PAGE 4: ADMINS
PAGE 5: RACE FORMAT
General Conduct Guidelines
1 – Race chat is to be used for race control only inside of the race.
2 – Profanity directed towards another will cause you to be booted from the race.
3 – There will be no arguing about who was at fault in the incident. If you can have a civilized discussion or want to apologize that is fine. If you start arguing and being disrespectful, you will be kicked from the race.
On Track Conduct
1– When you enter the corner, you are aiming for the apex, not the door of the guy in front of you. Over driving the corner and pushing into other drivers will result in a penalty that will range from. These include but are not limited to an EOL, disqualification, suspension, or a ban for the remainder of the series.
2 – During a caution you need to obey what the box on your screen says.
3 – If you can’t clear a slide job, don’t do it. Slide Jobs are a big part of dirt racing, but if you can’t use discretion and have issues dooring people, you will be removed from the race and or league.
4 – Retaliation is strictly forbidden. Doing so will result in disqualification from the race and up to a two week suspension. Any future occurrences can result in a permanent ban.
5 – Intentionally bringing out a caution will result in disqualification from the race. This includes any heat or consolation races, as well as the A Main. If you are parked for intentionally bring out a caution in a heat or consolation race, you will be parked for any feature or race remaining in the event. If you bring out the caution in the A Main, you may be suspended for one race. Multiple incidents during the season will result in multi-race suspensions and possibly a permanent ban.
6 – Drivers deemed at fault for a caution will be given an EOL (End of Line) penalty by the race admins. Any drivers involved, but not causing the accident, will restart the race wherever iRacing’s scoring places them.
7 – A suspension from one WOTRL series will cover the entire series that we run. Meaning if you are issued a one week suspension for an incident in a late model race, that suspension will carry over to any other series we have racing in that same week.
8 – Admins reserve the right to remove drivers from the race for any reason, including lag and connection issues.
Restarts & Positioning
1 – All restarts go on the leader. Leader has lane choice after initial start.
2 – If the leader has not chosen to go by the time iRacing waves the green flag, you may go when the green is waved.
3 – The leader must maintain pace speed of 35 mph.
4 – The rest of the field must remain within a car length of each other. Laying back to jump the start will result in an admin issued black flag.
5 – Brake checking before restarting the race is also not allowed. This will also result in a black flag.
Series Director – Steven McMillion
Assistant Series Director – Daniel Passmore
Directors of Competition and Rule Enforcement – Brett Wheeler
Race Admins – Steven McMillion, Daniel Passmore, Brett Wheeler, Brett Rowles, Nate Mullinnix, Aaron Leitzel, Josh Conover
- All WoTRL events are in beta heat race. Except when officials deem otherwise.
- Cautions in heat races and B-mains. Double File restarts
- Feature Race Restarts. DOUBLE FILE RESTARTS UNTIL HALFWAY. LEADER WILL CHOOSE INSIDE OR OUT. IF A CAUTION COMES OUT AFTER A RESTART WE WILL GO SINGLE FILE FOR THE FOLLOWING RESTART. AFTER HALFWAY ALL RESTARTS WILL BE SINGLE FILE. SINGLE FILE. SINGLE FILE RESTARTS LEADER WILL FIRE OFF ON FRONT STRAIGHT AWAY WHEN PASSING THE FLAG STAND. NO PASSING UNTIL YOU PASS THE FLAG STAND AND ALL DRIVERS MUST REMAIN NOSE TO TAIL UNTIL PASSING THE FLAG STAND. BEING OUT OF LINE BESIDE SOMEONE WILL RESULT IN an EOL ON NEXT RESTART OR BLACK FLAG.
- NEW SEASON 7. 12X LIMIT FOR RACE. NO FAST REPAIRS.
- CAUTION X LIMIT DIFFERENT FROM 12X LIMIT. CAUTION X LIMIT IS SET FOR 14 FOR THE SEASON. SO IF YOU CAUSE A CATION ADMINS WILL APPLY X TO THE DRIVER. IF A DRIVER HITS 14 X THEN DRIVER WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR A WEEK. CLEAN DRIVING FOR A RACE EVENT WILL TAKE 2X AWAY FROM YOUR TOTAL. WHEN DRIVER IS SUSPENDED AND RETURNS AFTER SUSPENSION HE WILL START BACK OVER AT 0X.
- AT NO TIMES WILL ADMIN CLEAR ANY BLACK FLAGS NOR GIVE WAVE AROUNDS.
- TOP 2 FROM ALL HEAT RACES WILL GO TO LIVE REDRAW.
- IN ORDER TO RACE ALL DRIVERS MUST BE IN TEAMSPEAK: HE430.teamspeak3.com (Sunday)
- TOP 3 WILL BE INTERVIEWED AFTER EACH FEATURE RACE.
- DRIVERS MEETING WILL BE HELD THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF ALL PRACTICE SESSIONS. ALL DRIVERS MUST BE OFF THE TRACK.
- All race finishes and points standings are unofficial until posted by a WOT League Owner.
- LAP DOWN CARS DO NOT RACE THE LEADER.
- ANY DRIVER GOES TWO LAPS DOWN WILL HAVE TO PULL IN THE INFIELD AND YOUR NIGHT IS DONE.
- ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANYTIME BY THE WOTRL OFFICIALS. ALL RULE CHANGES WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN DRIVERS MEETING.
- ADMIN WILL FIRST GIVE A BLACK FLAG LETTING THE DRIVER KNOW WE ARE WATCHING THEM. THEN THE ADMIN WILL CLEAR THE FLAG.
- THE SECOND TIME ADMIN GIVES YOU A SECOND BLACK FLAG YOU WILL BE DONE FOR THE NIGHT.
- IF A DRIVER IS IN THE PITS THEY MAY NOT RETURN.
- Any Driver Qualifies for the feature, and does not start the feature they will receive 2 week suspension. 2 or more offences permanent ban. Called wasting starting spot when an another driver could of started.
- IF YOU FEEL LIKE SOMETHING DID NOT GET CAUGHT BY an ADMIN YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO OUR WEBSITE. WWW.WOTRL.COM AND CLICK ON PROTEST AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.